Catalyst Program Associate
To apply, please fill out this form and be prepared to submit materials in PDF format (further instructions below).
ReFrame envisions a world where marginalized communities have the power to shape meaning and material conditions toward justice. Achieving this vision for racial, gender, economic and climate justice requires social movements to work collaboratively to change dominant narratives, lift up shared values and advance visionary solutions. ReFrame is building a new generation of strategists along with the movement infrastructure necessary to craft winning narratives that make social justice “common sense.”
ReFrame is fiscally sponsored by the Proteus Fund who partners with foundations, advocates, and individual donors to advance democracy, human rights, and peace.
ReFrame seeks a Program Associate to support ReFrame’s training and capacity building program, Catalyst. They work as a part of the Catalyst program team and own discrete project pieces under the guidance of Program Managers. As a part of the team, they participate in program direction setting, program execution, and program evaluation. They are responsible for key operational and administrative elements of the program.
ReFrame’s Catalyst program is where we train individuals and grow the capacity or organizations, coalitions and networks to engage strategic practices and advance narratives for justice and freedom.
Organize and Implement a successful program
The Program Associate is responsible for implementation of discrete pieces of Catalyst projects, including but not limited to:
- Correspond with and support program participants – to ensure they have all relevant information for full participation in the program.
- Communicate detailed program progress across the organization
- Provide fundraising staff program detail, including data pertaining to participation, for grant reports
- Maintain searchable and easy-to-navigate training and materials libraries
- Manage all technical aspects of virtual trainings, such as:
- Set up and maintenance of the applications that support group learning environments in accordance with organizational security and pedagogy practices (using Slack, Zoom, Otter.Ai, Dropbox, etc)
- Troubleshoot tech issues in real time for group learning environments
- Ensure trainers and staff have appropriate software and hardware need for virtual trainings
- Responsible for material and physical needs of in-person trainings, such as:
- Identify and secure training venues, equipment, and staff/participant transportation (under the guidance of supervisor and in coordination with other staff)
- Coordinate venue logistics to include arriving ahead of training teams to become familiar with the venue details
- Serve as liaison between training team and venue staff
- Organize and maintain workshop materials, including distribution of hard copies when needed
- Ensure and maintain all hardware and equipment needed for the workshops
Act as a strong ambassador
The Program Associate has a deep belief and understanding of ReFrame’s values and vision. The Program Associate represents ReFrame’s values and vision to program participants in all interactions .
Act as an organizational steward
ReFrame is in a time of growth and transformation. You will be a part of developing a transformative culture that leans into the core values (intersectionality, generosity, curiosity, creative rigor, and organizing) of the organization while creatively and efficiently advancing the organization’s mission, vision, and goals.
The Program Associate supports their program team to measure the impact of their program and communicate to staff and external partners. The Program Associate maintains tracking systems for program participation that corresponds with organizational database and data management.
You are a builder.
We create containers that build the leadership, learning, and strategic acumen of individuals and groups. We also build containers for strategic collaboration and coordination across organizations and interests. You are dedicated to building a program team that is successful in accomplishing goals, while also building the leadership of the team and living the values of the organization.
You are curious.
You know expertise is not static, but dynamic. You are dedicated to growing and learning as an individual and an organization. You are curious about the organizations and the people you work with, you are always seeking out more information, but you don’t let that search get in the way of action.
You are an action taker
While you are curious you know that in order to accomplish goals you have to move forward. You bring forward momentum to your work and to the work of the organization, actively moving projects forward from conception through completion. You seek out new opportunities for forward movement.
You are values driven.
You are committed to building a better world in a way that brings justice to historically unbalanced power relationships at the individual and systemic level. You know that justice is not only a destination, but also the path.
- 3+ years executing programs in a non-profit, for-profit, or philanthropic setting or commensurate experience
- Ability to travel 30% of overall time, once travel is deemed safe
- Ability to travel by possession of a valid driver’s license
- Commitment to mission and values of a progressive social justice organization
- Exemplary project and task management skills
- Familiarity with virtual and real world training environments and the needs of facilitators
- and participants
- Superior interpersonal skills in a variety of settings
- Proven ability to problem-solve and work with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
- Proficiency and comfort with evolving software and hardware
- Experience with virtual training applications and software, such as Slack, Asana, Zoom, Dropbox, Otter.ai, etc.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position. Starting salary is $60,000. We offer an awesome benefits package including:
- Medical and dental benefits for employee and eligible dependants available on first day of work
- Retirement savings account (401k) with an organization contribution
- Three weeks paid vacation in first year of work; four weeks in subsequent years
- Fifteen sick days per year
- Three personal days per year
- Twelve paid holidays
- Professional development initiatives for growth
- Paid Family Leave
Interested candidates for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. Please fill out this form and be prepared to submit materials in PDF format. Please be sure to include your full name in the file extensions as well as the position you are applying for. For example: “Portfolio-FirstName-LastName-CatalystAssociate”. Deadline for applications is January 22, 2021.
Proteus Fund is an equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Proteus Fund, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.